From: Nancy Merrill

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005040409:53:51
Subject: Re: Readiness test for algebra

On 1999020817:19:01, Janice wrote: >What company puts out the Hannah-Orleans Test? Are there any other >good tests on the market that would help us to place younger students >into an algebra 1 if they are ready. We offer three levels of algebra >1 and some sort of test would surely help us with the placement. How >do you deal with the parents who insist that their student is an >honors student and belongs in the the honors group when in fact that >child doesn't perform well. > I have been on the math forum reading the algebra readiness topic. What did you decide concerning your problem of placing the students into algebra? We need to have a weeding out process that satisfies parents. Thanks. Nancy

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/