From: Nancy Merrill

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005040409:51:52
Subject: Re: HOAPT

On 1999042921:44:18, Joanne Schwab wrote: > >As a middle school teacher of 8th grade Pre Algebra students, I am >often at a loss as to the proper recommendation for Algebra I. It is >often debated in my school should recommendation be on teacher >recommendation only and / or grade in class, work habits, etc... I'd >like to know more about the Hannah Orleans Algebra Prognosis Test. We >do not presently give middle school finals in pre-algebra. >Any advice is appreciated. >Joanne Schwab > I have been on the math forum reading the algebra readiness topic. What did you decide concerning your problem of placing the students into algebra? We need to have a weeding out process that satisfies parents. Thanks. Nancy

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/