From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005100106:33:54
Subject: Re: Sequences and patterns

On 2005093017:04:04, Jamie Alger wrote: > >Can you please tell me , what the name of a line of numbers would be >called with odd and even numbers , alternate . ie 1 , 4 , 9 , 16 , 25 >, 36 , 49 , 64 .My daughter has asked me , for her homework and she >was told by her teacher , there is a specific name for this ??? >Thanks v much for your help . Her teacher did say she could search the >internet , for the answer . Thanks again . > The pattern you have described is the square numbers. The next one in the sequence is 9 squared which is 81; the next one after that is 10 squared or 100 and etc.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/