From: Shauna Hedgepeth
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000061610:17:15
Subject: Good Math Video

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard my students groan at
some of the math videos I have tried.  Usually after 10 minutes I have
to stop the tape because I AM ABOUT TO GO TO SLEEP!!

However, I borrowed one the other day that the Special Ed. teacher had
by Jaime Escalante called "Math: Who needs it" or something like that.
I showed it to my pre-algebra class (7th - 10th grade,) my geometry
class (9th - 12th grade) and my Algebra II class (10th - 12th grade).
They all liked it and I thought it was pretty cool.  It was made in
1991 (i think) so they remember a lot of the celebrities they see on
the video.

Just a suggestion!!

Shauna

Post a reply to this message