From: David <spglmn@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002121119:53:08
Subject: Multidigit division

I realize that this was some time back, and forgive me for addressing
it this way, Gail, but your response does nothing to address the
question posed. It simply says, "I wouldn't bother." Well, that's nice
for you, but...

I'm interested because I have a son who's having difficulties in the
same area. Not necessarily into 5 digits, but with the whole
multidigit divisor thing. Frankly, I remember never quite getting it
down myself, and certainly don't remember enough to help him learn it.
The way I remember it, it was sort of guesstimating. I'm looking for
resources on how to better help him understand it. This thread looked
promising, but... well, wasn't.

-- DS

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question