Q&A #1492

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Dividing 5 digits by 2 digits

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: David

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002121120:53:08
Subject: Multidigit division

I realize that this was some time back, and forgive me for addressing it this way, Gail, but your response does nothing to address the question posed. It simply says, "I wouldn't bother." Well, that's nice for you, but... I'm interested because I have a son who's having difficulties in the same area. Not necessarily into 5 digits, but with the whole multidigit divisor thing. Frankly, I remember never quite getting it down myself, and certainly don't remember enough to help him learn it. The way I remember it, it was sort of guesstimating. I'm looking for resources on how to better help him understand it. This thread looked promising, but... well, wasn't. -- DS

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®