From: Geri <smiben65@msn.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2011090707:35:31
Subject: Flipping the second fraction

I thought Gail's demystification of 'why one flips the second
fraction' when dividing two fractions was most helpful. I am a parent
and tutor. I was looking for online resources for reviewing basic
math. It is very important for all of us-children and adults- to
understand the reasoning behind what is done in solving something like
the division of two fractions. None of us should be left thinking
'simply flip the second fraction, as if that in itself is enough to
know. Then we are left thinking that it is magic or some trick  beyond
our comprehension. Thanks, Gail.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®