From: Tina <tintman@wirefire.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002090214:09:41
Subject: Individualized math programs research

I am currently researching the effects of individualized math
curriculum vs. every student being expected to learn the same material
at the same rate at the same time.  I am finding it very difficult to
obtain previous research models on this subject.  I understand that
this is a nontraditional way of teaching math to students.  I was
curious as to the results of the individualized program a previous
teacher had mentioned carrying out.  Was there any drawbacks?  What
were they?  How did you attempt to overcome them?  What were the
overall pros/cons of this scenario?  Was there a substantial
increase/decrease in test scores?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®