Q&A #1494

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Individualized math contracts

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Tina

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002090214:09:41
Subject: Individualized math programs research

I am currently researching the effects of individualized math curriculum vs. every student being expected to learn the same material at the same rate at the same time. I am finding it very difficult to obtain previous research models on this subject. I understand that this is a nontraditional way of teaching math to students. I was curious as to the results of the individualized program a previous teacher had mentioned carrying out. Was there any drawbacks? What were they? How did you attempt to overcome them? What were the overall pros/cons of this scenario? Was there a substantial increase/decrease in test scores?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®