From: Madelin Guy

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2010051312:05:54
Subject: Individualized Math Instruction

I taught a math program back in the seventies that was called IMS (Individualized Math System). I used it in the 4th grade with my students. It was used for remediation; but it can also be used for acceleration. A prescription was written daily for each student - whether it was to continue on the folder they were working on or to go to another skill. For example, a pre-assessment determined what level of subtraction the student would work with. There would be about 4 or 5 folders for subtraction. There was a post-test and you kept a running record. You monitored your class and pulled one on one or small groups for clustering. I still have a copy of the instructor's manual and will check for publishing information to share. It was quite effective.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/