From: Lynne

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000092710:53:12
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Incorporating writing into the math curriculum

Hi Jaume, Good question and one I am sure many teachers stuggle with daily. When I taught, my students handed in two entries to a journal a week. The way I ensured that I was not taking 150 journals home in one night and trying to respond to them all, was by having some classes turn them in on different days. Thus period 1 turned them in on Mondays, whereas period 2 waited until Tuesdays. This made me, at least, not feel quite so overwhelmed. The other way to help you manage is by having the students help you respond to the journals. Once a week have the students respond to each other, and the next week you respond. I found this method to work, because the students could leave tough questions for me, whereas still use each other to learn and communicate. Often, there were some students in the class who explained concepts much more clearly than I did. Again, if you stagger your classes, you will have less to do all at once, and your responses will be spread out a bit more. Hope this helps. Lynne

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/