From: Ed
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000100217:59:19
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Incorporating writing into the math curriculum

I use journals in my classes as well.  I have 3 preps, so I have 3
classes of the same type.  I collect journals after a test, but I
really don't make personal comments unless it is exceptionally good.
My journals are very subject specific, so they are graded according to
how well they answered the question that I asked them.  2 points for a
good, 1 for a fair one, etc.  My journals are not at all like an
English journal, but I find them effective.  I have about 100 kids in
my geometry classes, but I grade them altogether so I can try to be
consistent in my grading.  I give them all the same journal topics, so
they should answer them in about the same way.

Ed Isaacs

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®