Q&A #1506

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Incorporating writing into the math curriculum

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Ed

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000100217:59:19
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Incorporating writing into the math curriculum

I use journals in my classes as well. I have 3 preps, so I have 3 classes of the same type. I collect journals after a test, but I really don't make personal comments unless it is exceptionally good. My journals are very subject specific, so they are graded according to how well they answered the question that I asked them. 2 points for a good, 1 for a fair one, etc. My journals are not at all like an English journal, but I find them effective. I have about 100 kids in my geometry classes, but I grade them altogether so I can try to be consistent in my grading. I give them all the same journal topics, so they should answer them in about the same way. Ed Isaacs

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®