Q&A #1533

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Fractions

T2T || FAQ || Ask T2T || Teachers' Lounge || Browse || Search || T2T Associates || About T2T

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004012306:25:23
Subject: Re: fractions

On 2004012221:54:54, michele ivory wrote:
>Can somebody please show me how to change 33 1/3% to a percent
>show I can teach my son how to do it???
>thank you

The number you have shown is a percent.  I think you mean how do you
change it to a decimal and then two a fraction. 

This is a mixed number.  Change it to an improper fraction.  

33 1/3% = 100/3 percent.  Move the decimal over two places (divide by
100) and you then you have 1/3.

Of course, .33 1/3 is the decimal.

Same way, change 66 2/3 % to a fraction.  Change to an impropper
fraction which is 200/3%.  Move the decimal over two places (divide by
a hundred) and you have 2/3.    The decimal is /66 2/3.

Post a reply to this message
Post a related public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

Math Forum Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Math Forum Search

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.