From: Jim <Jim@tracks.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008021220:01:00
Subject: Kumon

	No doubt Kumon is good but i think everybody is missing the point
here. Kumon will certainly help in grades and you will see good
improvements. But Kumon students never learns the concepts of solving
the problem. My kids are in 1st grade and they can do 23 + 54  very
well but when you ask them 67 + 78 they cannot do it because they did
not learn about adding carryover numbers.

Now my kids advanced to next level and doing subtractions. Kumon never
provides any directions or even teach different ways of learning
Maths. It is totally depends on you or your kid to learn any method to
do the Kumon worksheet. Kumon actually charges for Material because
they never had adequate staff to provide one to one guidance to
students.

As of now I am looking for Kumon alternative.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/