Q&A #1543

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Kumon math method

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jim

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008021221:01:00
Subject: Kumon

No doubt Kumon is good but i think everybody is missing the point here. Kumon will certainly help in grades and you will see good improvements. But Kumon students never learns the concepts of solving the problem. My kids are in 1st grade and they can do 23 + 54 very well but when you ask them 67 + 78 they cannot do it because they did not learn about adding carryover numbers. Now my kids advanced to next level and doing subtractions. Kumon never provides any directions or even teach different ways of learning Maths. It is totally depends on you or your kid to learn any method to do the Kumon worksheet. Kumon actually charges for Material because they never had adequate staff to provide one to one guidance to students. As of now I am looking for Kumon alternative.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®