Q&A #1543

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Kumon math method

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Diana

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003041018:02:32
Subject: Kumon Math

Kumon is a Japanese method created by a high school math techer in Japan. He originally created it for his son who was struggling with math in elementary school. Kumon belives in repetition and it is a franchise now. It worked for me and my brother i went to failing math to being the best in my class in only a two years. Some people start their kids in kumon as early as age 3. I also worked at a Kumon center as an instructor. It is a level system A-S. A-J covering K-12. The work is graded based on time taken and acuracy.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®