From: Robin Kelly <robin@comtb.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005012714:22:26
Subject: Kumon - our experience

My daughter (age 6) was lagging behind her classmates (she is at an
International Baccalaureate school using Everyday Math) in first
grade.  We started Kumon in November and she is now able to do the
required work and beyond.  I believe there are many benefits to
Everyday Math, but the "math as games" approach was not concrete
enough for her - once she figured out that she could get the "right
answer" her confidence soared.  She really is an entirely different
kid when it comes to her love of math.  I don't believe Kumon alone
would be ideal for any child but it really helped my daughter and is a
great complement to Everyday Math.  I don't forsee discontinuing her
Kumon studies anytime soon!

My daughter's teacher has been so impressed with the improvement that
she asked what our secret is -- she is now recommending the program to
other parents whose kids are either lagging behind or not being
challenged enough.

Check out kumon.com for more information.
Robin

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®