Q&A #1560

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching geometry

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Josh Morris

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003090418:24:44
Subject: First year teaching geometry, help!

I am in my first year of teaching geometry to 9th graders at an international school in Honduras. I taught algebra for 2 years before this but geometry seems much harder. The postulates and theorems I have to present each day are mind-numbingly boring for me and the students. On top of that I am teaching students who speak English as a second language. How do I make this class enjoyable for myself and the students? How do I get 9th graders to do proofs? Are there any good books out there on teaching geometry? Thanks. Josh

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®