From: Josh Morris <jbmorris@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003090417:24:44
Subject: First year teaching geometry, help!

I am in my first year of teaching geometry to 9th graders at an
international school in Honduras. I taught algebra for 2 years before
this but geometry seems much harder. The postulates and theorems I
have to present each day are mind-numbingly boring for me and the
students. On top of that I am teaching students who speak English as a
second language. How do I make this class enjoyable for myself and the
students? How do I get 9th graders to do proofs? Are there any good
books out there on teaching geometry?

Thanks.
Josh

Post a reply to this message