From: Megan Rubi

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006031418:41:18
Subject: Making math fun for students

I have started to attempt some fun activities with my geometry students. I have had them make enlargement posters that use their knowledge of scale factor, I also had them make posters for trigonometric functions. They had to come up with their own saying or mneumonic device to remember sine, cosine, and tangent. At my school site, we have also used "Walking Trails." This is an activity where the students have to go and use their knowledge of geometry to find certain measurements of objects around the school. I first give them a walking trail to follow where they have to find the height of the flag pole using similar triangles and shadows, they also have to find the area of objects around campus such as the door to a classroom. This just gets the students moving around and outside instead of sitting at their desks. They seem to like that.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/