From: Treg Thompson

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999062902:09:46
Subject: Web Sites designed by teachers for a specific class they are teaching

Greetings, I hope I am doing this correctly. My goal was to begin a public discussion. If that is not the case, i'm sorry. My name is Treg, I am a graduate student at Purdue University Calumet. This summer I am doing a research project that involves looking for innovative ways in which the internet is being used to help facilitate the learning of pre-calculus type mathematics (especially beginning algebra). Although I have found tons of very useful and interesting things on the web, including resources, on-line tutorials, java/js apps, etc. What I really want to investigate is how teachers put these various resources together for a particular class. If you have made a website (or other internet application) for your class and are willing to share the URL (and possibly answer some questions about your site) I would be most grateful. Also if anyone knows of a listing of such websites that would be very helpful. Just to clarify, I am not looking for distance learning courses, but rather I am looking for ways that the internet has been integrated as an extension of a regular class. Thanks Treg Thompson thompst@axp.calumet.purdue.edu

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/