From: Treg Thompson <thompst@axp.calumet.purdue.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999062901:09:46
Subject: Web Sites designed by teachers for a specific class they are teaching

	Greetings,
I hope I am doing this correctly.  My goal was to begin a public
discussion.  If that is not the case, i'm sorry.

My name is Treg, I am a graduate student at Purdue University Calumet.
This summer I am doing a research project that involves looking for
innovative ways in which the internet is being used to help facilitate
the learning of pre-calculus type mathematics (especially beginning
algebra).

Although I have found tons of very useful and interesting things on
the web, including resources, on-line tutorials, java/js apps, etc.
What I really want to investigate is how teachers put these various
resources together for a particular class.

If you have made a website (or other internet application) for your
class and are willing to share the URL (and possibly answer some
questions about your site) I would be most grateful.  Also if anyone
knows of a listing of such websites that would be very helpful.

Just to clarify, I am not looking for distance learning courses, but
rather I am looking for ways that the internet has been integrated as
an extension of a regular class.

Thanks
Treg Thompson
thompst@axp.calumet.purdue.edu