From: Rachel <BeachStirCrazy@Juno.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004060119:31:47
Subject: A teaching method called "Stazney"?

My child is attending a Texas public school.  She is being taught the
Stazney  (not sure on spelling) method.  I had never heard of this
method before and it seems to eliminate all logical thought processes
in solving word problems.  It supposedly give the kids a "formula"
based on the wording and positioning of numbers in the word problem.
To me this is just a way to get out of trying to figure it out
themselves.  It isn't even reliable or logical.  She is in going into
the fifth grade and has problems doing third grade word problems.  And
ideas about this method and how I can teach her a "common sense"
method?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®