From: Frank b <BMrb125@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000040522:17:23
Subject: Saxon Math Program

So far everything I read in any postings the response has been
negative. As a teacher I agree with these feelings about how the Saxon
Math program falls short in teaching children Math the right way. It
does not allow for the student to catch up. If the child does not keep
pace they will fall way behind. Saxon's whole idea is a spiralling
strategy in which everyday the student keeps reapeating the steps from
the previous days work. The only problem is that the concepts are not
really explained. The students just learn steps for doing computation.
Each chapter is bits and pieces and it's all fragmented. The students
need to see the whole picture and have some real life meaning to the
Math their learning.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®