From: Frank b

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000040523:17:23
Subject: Saxon Math Program

So far everything I read in any postings the response has been negative. As a teacher I agree with these feelings about how the Saxon Math program falls short in teaching children Math the right way. It does not allow for the student to catch up. If the child does not keep pace they will fall way behind. Saxon's whole idea is a spiralling strategy in which everyday the student keeps reapeating the steps from the previous days work. The only problem is that the concepts are not really explained. The students just learn steps for doing computation. Each chapter is bits and pieces and it's all fragmented. The students need to see the whole picture and have some real life meaning to the Math their learning.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/