From: dill <dill34@usa.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999092721:14:08
Subject: Lego problems

	I give students ziiplock bags of a variety of legos and have them
work in small groups to solve a variety of problems.
1.  Build the longest "thing" that you can.  You must pick it up and
bring it to the measuring surface.  This requires lenght and strength.

2.  Take 20 pieces of any color lego and build the strongest device
that you can.  We will drop it from three and six feet to see if it
stays together.

3.  Build a bridge that spans ten inches.  We set the "bridges"
between two chairs with a pail hanging on them and add weights to see
which bridge holds the most weight.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®