From: mary

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002051910:10:47
Subject: math children's book

I would like to know if you know the name of the book or the publisher of a book that has a summary something like this: A child asks the class if 1,000,000 base ten blocks will fit into the classroom. The children begin building 1,10, 100,1000+ and discover the patterns of cubes, rods, and flats. Pretty soon the children run out of blocks. The child's father happens to run a logging/trucking firm and makes more and more base ten blocks. The children continue to build. They discover 1,000,000 base ten blocks will not fit in the classroom, so they take the blocks outside and build a playground out of them. I hope you will be able to lead us to the book. Most places have written me answering with the two books below, I own them and it is not them. It is not HOW MUCH IS A MILLION and I know it is not IF YOU MADE A MILLION, by Schwartz. I thought the book was called BUILDING A MILLION. I have searched amazon.com and a few other book places, but without the publisher, they said they couldn't help. If you know of this book, please call me with the correct title and publisher-ISBN if possible. Mary Walters maryabtswalters@juno.com

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/