From: Judy Thomas <tthomastran@cs.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000010817:58:01
Subject: Re: How to introduce

Concrete thinking is a great idea. Using just the rule to move the
decimal over to the left one space has been an easy way for teaching
the multiplication of 10's and now I have one for teaching
thousandths. The .049 and .5 confuses the kids since 49 looks like
many more. we know that the five is in the tenths place. My
homeschooling efforts are being enhanced greatly using the internet.
By June 1st, we plan to move to NE Tennessee, where very few schools
are available. My daughter wants to learn veterinary medicine. Thanks
for the help in the meantime, with her now in the fifth grade. JT

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/