From: Kathi <bry_aca_kba@nwoca.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006062808:41:35
Subject: explaining angles

	When I teach angle construction in my 5th grade classroom, I first
begin with having students look at angles around them.  We look at
angles around the school and playground.  Groups are assigned a
specific area to locate, photograph, and measure various angles.  We
download pictures and students make a PPt presentation to share.  (3
day project where students are introduced to digital camara use and
PPT.)  The next day we use compasses and striaght edges to practice
measuring angles, then I show them how to construct angles with given
degrees.  They work with a partner to practice, giving each other
degrees to construct angles.  They measure their partner's angle to
make sure it is constructred correctly.  Kids love it and constructing
angles?  Piece of cake.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®