Q&A #1621

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Class Repetition

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: RayM

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999071206:05:36
Subject: edutainment

Have you tried any of the myriad edutainment CD's? To name a few: Treasure Mathstorm Math Journey Broderbund's Math ages 6 to 9 Logical Journey of the Zoombini's (TERC) Mighty Math Cosmic Geometry Mighty Math Zoo Zillions the Death by Algebra game in Learning Co.'s Algebra 1 Don't believe the age recommendations on any of the packages, you just have to let the kids experiment. I've seen 6 year olds that find all of them difficult and other 6 year olds that can make substantial progress at algebra. I have 4 Pentiums and will turn them all on if I have a crowd of kids at home after an afternnoon at the beach and let the kids gravitate to their ability level. I've found that if 2 or 3 kids have to take turns to get to play a game, their interest can be held much longer and they tend to help each other more. If each kid has their own game there is little or no interaction.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®