From: RayM <raypublk@san.rr.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999071205:05:36
Subject: edutainment

Have you tried any of the myriad edutainment CD's?

To name a few:
Treasure Mathstorm
Math Journey
Broderbund's Math ages 6 to 9
Logical Journey of the Zoombini's (TERC)
Mighty Math Cosmic Geometry
Mighty Math Zoo Zillions
the Death by Algebra game in Learning Co.'s Algebra 1

Don't believe the age recommendations on any of the packages, you just
have to let the kids experiment.   I've seen 6 year olds that find all
of them difficult and other 6 year olds that can make substantial
progress at algebra.

 I have 4 Pentiums and will turn them all on if I have a crowd of kids
at home after an afternnoon at the beach and let the kids gravitate to
their ability level.  I've found that if 2 or 3  kids have to take
turns to get to play a game, their interest can be held much longer
and they tend to help each other more.   If each kid has their own
game there is little or no interaction.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®