From: Aida Obeid <aillouda38@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009100605:53:24
Subject: Use tangrams in the proof of the Pythagorean Theorem

	I used the 7 Tangram pieces as an activity to prove the Pythagorean
Theorem. I asked students to see how many different squares can be
made out of the 7 pieces and if they could make one large square using
the 7 pieces. The next day I took my students to the computer lab and
had a power point presentation about Pythagoras, the Pythagorean
Theorem and its proof using the 7 pieces.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/