Q&A #1627

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Tangrams

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: Aida Obeid

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009100606:53:24
Subject: Use tangrams in the proof of the Pythagorean Theorem

I used the 7 Tangram pieces as an activity to prove the Pythagorean Theorem. I asked students to see how many different squares can be made out of the 7 pieces and if they could make one large square using the 7 pieces. The next day I took my students to the computer lab and had a power point presentation about Pythagoras, the Pythagorean Theorem and its proof using the 7 pieces.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®