From: Joseph <joseph.ivans@usmc.mil>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006121421:14:29
Subject: Re: Weird Stuff Happening With TI83 Plus

How long have you had your batteries in the calc? The reason why I ask
is because I have the same problem. Sometimes I will get three
horizontal lines on the screen that fade out to nothing. Other times
it will distort the characters on the screen and have blips all over
the place making it useless.

 From what I gathered, and because I have three different sets of
rechargeable batteries... is that rechargeable batteries (apparently
fully charged, brand new Duracells also) are too week to power the
TI83+ properly. Why I asked about your batteries is because maybe
they've fallen out of the tolerance level for the calc to operate...
always a possibility... it's too bad that it will still turn on then
and freak you out thinking that it's broken! Poor design if you ask
me...

I am going to go out and buy some energizer AAA batteries and see what
happens... I'll post a follow-up tomorrow to keep y'all informed!

Cheers!

-Joe

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question