From: Thomas

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007022303:07:55
Subject: Calculater displaying half the numbers in vertical columns

Hello I have experiensed some troubles with my calculater since a couple of days ago. At all states i.e. screens there appear vertical lines with dots between. All numbers and texture only appear in those columns, creating a two numbers gap between every written number/letter. Also when entering the programs only half the names are displayed, perhaps as a consequence of the space between. However the odd thing is that only the later half is the one displayed. Furtermore the calculater seems to instead of covering the selectd topic with black change it to unknown symblos. The final problem to be described is, when entering for example; 9 plus 9 or 9 times 9 an error message is displayed, it is hard to read but I believe it says sytax error. I have checked the batteries, so it cannot be running low on those. I also checked the place in "mode" for splitting screens, but it was correctely marked, I am quite sure of this even though the calculater is almost unreadable. Thank you for any help.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/