From: Loyd <Loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008021916:47:04
Subject: Re: Ti-83 equation question

On 2008013019:52:54, george wrote:

>What command do you use to solve an equation, for instance 10=2X+2,
>how  would you solve for X using the the Ti 83.

You change the form of the equation to Y=2x+2-10 or, Y=2x-8.

Then you press Y= and then type in 2x-8.  This is the equation of a
line which you can then press 2nd (yellow key) and press calc and find
zero, value, etc.   You can also use the solver but I suggest you use
the book that comes along with the TI-83 to use that.

You want the value of x when y=zero.  That is the same way you solve
it when you use pencil and paper.

If you don't have a book, I suggest you try to buy one from ebay or
somewhere.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®