From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008021916:47:04
Subject: Re: Ti-83 equation question

On 2008013019:52:54, george wrote: > >What command do you use to solve an equation, for instance 10=2X+2, >how would you solve for X using the the Ti 83. > You change the form of the equation to Y=2x+2-10 or, Y=2x-8. Then you press Y= and then type in 2x-8. This is the equation of a line which you can then press 2nd (yellow key) and press calc and find zero, value, etc. You can also use the solver but I suggest you use the book that comes along with the TI-83 to use that. You want the value of x when y=zero. That is the same way you solve it when you use pencil and paper. If you don't have a book, I suggest you try to buy one from ebay or somewhere.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/