From: Valerie Sill

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008112615:01:45
Subject: Fixing the won't turn on problem

My daughters TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator quit on her a while back and I just got around to looking at it. Wish I did sooner. After carefully taking it apart, I found the problem. The connection from the batteries to the unit had failed. The connection is the stiff wire from the battery coils to a gold pad on the pc board. The wire gouged a small hole in the gold pad and it lost the connection. The fix was to bend this wire so that it contacted the pad in a different spot.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/