Q&A #1651

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: TI-83 or TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: natalia <nemercs@gwu.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008121410:13:23
Subject: Scrambled characters

When I begin typing, the characters are scrambled, illegible, and
replaced with the wrong symbol, and there are residual characters that
show up on the screen when I press clear (like right now there is a 1
and a + sign and the cursor is half its normal size). I have had the
same calculator for a number of years...is it possible that it has
reached the end of its lifespan? Have taken all of the batteries out
(including the backup) and letting it sit for a bit...if holding the
ON button does not work, are there any other options? Thanks!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®