From: Doug <doogle112002@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003090916:38:17
Subject: wont turn on

I've been having a problem with my old ti-83+.  The old batteries were
a bit corroded, so I replaced them with new ones, even the backup
battery.  Now, my calculator won't even turn on.  I've tried holding
DEL or CLEAR and ON while I replace the batteries, but most of the
time it still won't turn on.  Even when it does turn on for short
periods of time it has a black screen, but none of the buttons work.
Also I tried cleaning out as much as I could of the corroded residue
left in the battery compartment.  Please help if you have any idea
what I should do!

-Doug

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question