From: Loyd <Loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006011819:46:46
Subject: Re: TI-83 Plus - variables - help

On 2006011817:48:44, Joseph wrote:
>Can someone tell me how to type in a varible? For example, how would
>enter 6 + x = 10
>
>Thanks

Rewrite the equation as:

6+x-10=y or X-4=y Then press the Y= button and enter equation.  Use
the x,t,o,n button for x.  The o is for theta.  I couldn't make a
theta.

Press the graph button and you should see a graph of the equation.
You can use the calc button to find the zero which is the x value
where y=0.

To find the zero, press gold calc and enter 2 which is for finding
zeros.  Move left cursor so that it is below the x axis and press
enter.  Then, move cursor above x axis and press enter.  Press enter
again (no guess needed) and you will read x=4 and y=0.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/