Q&A #16511

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Modeling Subtraction of Integers using Red and Yellow Counters

View entire discussion

From: Virgie Esteves

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009012302:43:13
Subject: How do we model the cube of -9 less the square of -8

Mimi, We had a Math contest recently and one of the controversial question is " How much is the square of -9 less than the cube of -8. Is there an answer to this? Is the question valid? Do we give such questions to students? Is this mathematically sound? Thank you and hoping for input on this matter. Sincerely, Mrs. Virgie G. Esteves

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®