From: Loyd <loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001110110:02:43
Subject: Using the Graphing Calculator with Algebra I & II Students

I was selling index cards on Ebay for use with algebra I and II
students.  Sold about 180 sets. Sales plummeted after 9/11 and I have
decided to give the information away to the public on my small AOL
member web site.  You can see the first one for the Solver at this
site:

http://members.aol.com/ejukat/solver.jpg
That is the only picture on the site, but If I add one you can find an
index by clicking on:

http://members.aol.com/ejukat

Here is a list of charts that I will put up one or two at a time and
leave them there for couple of weeks.  Some of these will be used
early in the year and others such as conic sections will be used
later.  If anyone wants a particular one put up let me know.

1. EQUATION SOLVER
2. SLOPE OF A LINEAR EQUATION
3. SPECIAL FACTORS AND PRODUCTS
4. PRODUCT OF COMPLEX IMAGINARY NUMBERS
5. GRAPH METHOD
6. PARABOLA, CONIC METHOD Part I
7. PARABOLA, CONIC METHOD Part II

8. PARABOLA - CHECK w/  T- 83
9. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (CRAMERS RULE), Part I

10. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (CRAMERS RULE) Part II

11. REPEATING DECIMAL TO FRACTION
12. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (MATRIX INVERSE)
13. COMPUTING THE MATRIX INVERSE

14 BOX AND WHISKER PLOT
15 LINEAR EQUATION GIVEN A SET OF POINTS (LINEAR REGRESSION)

16. FACTORING GENERAL TRINOMIALS, Part I

17 FACTORING GENERAL TRINOMIALS, Part II

18. EQUATION OF A PARABOLA GIVEN A SET OF THREE POINTS USING QUADRATIC
REGRESSION
19. SYNTHETIC DIVISION With COMPLEX FACTORS

The solver was developed because a junior college student need
tutoring help with that.  She and her friends wern't able to figure it
out.

Hope this helps.  By the way, the cards are based upon Virginia Sols
for Algebra I and II.  These calculators can be used on VA tests.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/