From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001110111:02:43
Subject: Using the Graphing Calculator with Algebra I & II Students

I was selling index cards on Ebay for use with algebra I and II students. Sold about 180 sets. Sales plummeted after 9/11 and I have decided to give the information away to the public on my small AOL member web site. You can see the first one for the Solver at this site: http://members.aol.com/ejukat/solver.jpg That is the only picture on the site, but If I add one you can find an index by clicking on: http://members.aol.com/ejukat Here is a list of charts that I will put up one or two at a time and leave them there for couple of weeks. Some of these will be used early in the year and others such as conic sections will be used later. If anyone wants a particular one put up let me know. 1. EQUATION SOLVER 2. SLOPE OF A LINEAR EQUATION 3. SPECIAL FACTORS AND PRODUCTS 4. PRODUCT OF COMPLEX IMAGINARY NUMBERS 5. GRAPH METHOD 6. PARABOLA, CONIC METHOD Part I 7. PARABOLA, CONIC METHOD Part II 8. PARABOLA - CHECK w/ T- 83 9. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (CRAMERS RULE), Part I 10. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (CRAMERS RULE) Part II 11. REPEATING DECIMAL TO FRACTION 12. SIMULTANEOUS EQUATIONS (MATRIX INVERSE) 13. COMPUTING THE MATRIX INVERSE 14 BOX AND WHISKER PLOT 15 LINEAR EQUATION GIVEN A SET OF POINTS (LINEAR REGRESSION) 16. FACTORING GENERAL TRINOMIALS, Part I 17 FACTORING GENERAL TRINOMIALS, Part II 18. EQUATION OF A PARABOLA GIVEN A SET OF THREE POINTS USING QUADRATIC REGRESSION 19. SYNTHETIC DIVISION With COMPLEX FACTORS The solver was developed because a junior college student need tutoring help with that. She and her friends wern't able to figure it out. Hope this helps. By the way, the cards are based upon Virginia Sols for Algebra I and II. These calculators can be used on VA tests.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/