From: TMack <tlmack04@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007022612:08:54
Subject: What do I do

I have read all of the responses to the inquiries about how
calculators should be utilized in the math classroom; however I am at
a lost.  I am a new teacher taking over several high school classes
mid-year.  Approximately 45% of my class cannot even complete simple
arithmetic which is keeping them from solving simple one step
equations.  I cannot fail all of these students even though they
deserve a failing grade. Does anyone have any ideas on how can I use
these calculators,(TI 83or 84) as a crutch for these students to at
least superficially pass?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®