Q&A #1659

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Graphing calculators

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: TMack

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007022613:08:54
Subject: What do I do

I have read all of the responses to the inquiries about how calculators should be utilized in the math classroom; however I am at a lost. I am a new teacher taking over several high school classes mid-year. Approximately 45% of my class cannot even complete simple arithmetic which is keeping them from solving simple one step equations. I cannot fail all of these students even though they deserve a failing grade. Does anyone have any ideas on how can I use these calculators,(TI 83or 84) as a crutch for these students to at least superficially pass?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®