From: Michelle Schwendemann <mrssnowleopard@home.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001012217:35:56
Subject: Interdisciplinary Unit on Egypt

	I created an interdisciplinary unit on Egypt in which my students had
to research the pyramids of Egypt and discuss angles and light
reflection as well as design and create their own pyramid on graph
paper (they had to find the perimeter, area and volume of their
pyramid before and after they created their chambers and passages) and
then build their pyramid out of styrofoam and give a oral presentation
including costumes and cultural information. I the process I also
thought them them egyptain numeric system (some of their tests I used
egyptian numeric system) and I also taught them to write in
hyroglyphics. They created a scrol with all their team names which we
hung in the hall. It was wonderful. The janitors weren't too happy for
a few days (styrofoa everywhere)but the kids had a great time and
learned alot.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®