Q&A #1664

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Group research project in geometry for students

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Michelle Schwendemann

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001012218:35:56
Subject: Interdisciplinary Unit on Egypt

I created an interdisciplinary unit on Egypt in which my students had to research the pyramids of Egypt and discuss angles and light reflection as well as design and create their own pyramid on graph paper (they had to find the perimeter, area and volume of their pyramid before and after they created their chambers and passages) and then build their pyramid out of styrofoam and give a oral presentation including costumes and cultural information. I the process I also thought them them egyptain numeric system (some of their tests I used egyptian numeric system) and I also taught them to write in hyroglyphics. They created a scrol with all their team names which we hung in the hall. It was wonderful. The janitors weren't too happy for a few days (styrofoa everywhere)but the kids had a great time and learned alot.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®