From: Donna

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999102820:39:15
Subject: Re: Detailed Lesson Plan for 2nd Grade Math

I think your idea of a math journal is creative resourceful and most of all fun. I have been teaching for sometime and feel that the best lesson is the ones that relate to everyday life. I also like the idea that it is not an everyday activity. One thought might be to make a collective list from the children of how math(numbers)is used in their lives. This will give them ideas instead of them saying "I don;t know", something we hear a lot of. This would overload them. Second grade is a age that the children become aware of the differences between what they can really do and what is make believe. Also at this age the children are beginning to master complete sentences and stories. Please do not forget to stress the 3 main parts, beginning, middle and end. Good luck with your idea. Oh, please don't forget to have the parents involved. After all they are living the math lessons taught to them. Yours truely, Donna

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/