From: Bonnie Wetmore

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999111014:34:53
Subject: Re: Detailed Lesson Plan for 2nd Grade Math

My second graders write in their math journals on a weekly basis. At the end of one lesson, I try to have them tell how they could use what they learned in their own lives. They do a nice job. Of course, some of them need some prompts and a little more assistance than others, but it is well worht it. I have seen great growth from them. It always amazes how much they can do. They are more capable than we think.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/