From: op <owenbprince@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006051116:06:49
Subject: best practices in math

You may want to look at the DotMath for kids web site.  There are some
free graphics there and what I think is the best practice to teach
math k-4.    The site is at  http://dotmath.tripod.com/

The number is explained as a pattern similar to dice and the number
symbol is then generated from the dice pattern.

The Charts and tools help the child see the big picture about what
numbers are and how to use them.  I have seen children beat the
calculator after learning this method.

I hope this helps you in your search to find best practies in teaching
math to children.

Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question