From: CGI Student

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005122211:56:13
Subject: Re: CGI Math

I was one of the first students to receive CGI math in Madison, WI in the late 80's and early 90's... I am now 24 and I have to say I credit CGI math with having an enormus impact on my methods of problem solving and of thinking about the world. In college I was always the quickest when it came to thinking of abstract solutions and things like statitics (pulling words from numbers) came very, very easy for me. In elementary school while learning CGI, I thought it dumb, too many story problems, but I honestly believe I would not be the creative thinker I am today had I not received CGI math.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/