Q&A #174

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Math anxiety

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: margaret hostetler

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1999051009:42:05
Subject: 6th grader starting math anxiet

Tobias has helped me understand that my very bright, all A, including math, sixth grader is headed for trouble with math understanding. Bottom line is she can't do a word problem exposing her lack of real math concepts. But the Tobias book gives me no tools. HOW DO I HEAD OFF THIS PROBLEM!!! Books, software, daily practice----I'll do it if I know I have the correct tools. I am located in Western PA and Maryland, near Frostburg State, Penn State campuses, University of Pittsburgh if they have help specifically for this problem. Specific math testing shows the child has all capabilities for doing math well. may not be gifted as she is in language/writing but the brain power is there. thank you

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®