Q&A #17417

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Remembering meaning of "multiples" and "factors"

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: jennifer wills

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007101814:47:33
Subject: multiples vs factors

One of my students taught me a great way to remember the difference between multiples and factors. When you list factors, list them under the number so that your students will know that factors FALL. For Example 12 1 x 12 2 x 6 3 x 4 When you list multiples, list them next to the number so that your students will know that multiples MARCH. For Example 5= 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 EXC Hope this helps!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®