From: jennifer wills <jwills@henryschools.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007101814:47:33
Subject: multiples vs factors

One of my students taught me a great way to remember the difference
between multiples and factors.

When you list factors, list them under the number so that your
students will know that factors FALL.  For Example
     12
    1 x 12
    2 x 6
    3 x 4

When you list multiples, list them next to the number so that your
students will know that multiples MARCH. For Example

 5= 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 EXC

Hope this helps!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question