Q&A #17531

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: math fluency

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Kristi

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007042513:44:48
Subject: math fluency

We are discussing this topic in our system right now. One teacher found research from her professor that stated that children should be fluent enough to answer a fact within .5 seconds. It was not clear if that was orally or written. I am a third grade teacher and my 3rd graders are expected to answer 100 facts (addition, subtraction, or multiplication) within 3 minutes. We all feel this is too high a standard.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®