From: Kristi <kgoff@gocats.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007042513:44:48
Subject: math fluency

We are discussing this topic in our system right now.  One teacher
found research from her professor that stated that children should be
fluent enough to answer a fact within .5 seconds.  It was not clear if
that was orally or written.  I am a third grade teacher and my 3rd
graders are expected to answer 100 facts (addition, subtraction, or
multiplication) within 3 minutes.  We all feel this is too high a
standard.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®