From: Lynn <sekluppel@pol.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998061623:25:18
Subject: calculators in the primary classes

I don't have any information about how to use calculators to teach
place value in the 4th grade.  Sorry!

I need information on how to introduce the use of calculators in the
primary classrooms (K-20).  This was the only place on the Internet
that I found any mention, at all, of calculators in an elemenary
setting. I am currently enrolled in a graduate class titled
"Contemporary Topics in Elementary Mathematics."  So tomorrow in
class, I will ask if anyone has any activities that might help you.
I will be glad to post them tomorrow evening. In the meantime, could
you please ask around and see if anyone you know has any information
that would be beneficial to me?

Thanks! I'll see what I can do to help you and report back tomorrow!

Lynn

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®