From: Stephanie Betzenderfer <BrianaScurryJr@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001090921:43:31
Subject: Long division

	I'm 13 years old, and I'm in the 8th grade taking Algebra 2. I have a
friend who is in the 5th grade and she is 10 years old. She doesn't
seem to grasp the idea of long divison. I'm trying to tutor her, but
ever since I've learned how to do it, I've taken all these short cuts
and I'm having a hard time going back to the basics. When I try and
teach her the original way, I miss a step and go back to the short cut
on accident. I don't know how to teach her the basics with out getting
her confused. So basically, either I go back to the 5th grade and
learn the right way, which I won't be able to do, or I get some advice
 from someone who teaches the basics... Can anyone help me?

                     -Stephanie

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®