Q&A #178

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Concept of division

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Stephanie Betzenderfer

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001090922:43:31
Subject: Long division

I'm 13 years old, and I'm in the 8th grade taking Algebra 2. I have a friend who is in the 5th grade and she is 10 years old. She doesn't seem to grasp the idea of long divison. I'm trying to tutor her, but ever since I've learned how to do it, I've taken all these short cuts and I'm having a hard time going back to the basics. When I try and teach her the original way, I miss a step and go back to the short cut on accident. I don't know how to teach her the basics with out getting her confused. So basically, either I go back to the 5th grade and learn the right way, which I won't be able to do, or I get some advice from someone who teaches the basics... Can anyone help me? -Stephanie

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®