From: Bud Simrin <uvw@sbcglobal.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2012112921:08:00
Subject: Proof of bottom up method in factoring

It took me 2 days, but I have a full proof of the method. I'll make it
available to anyone who wants it. However, I need to caution that the
proof is far more complicated than one would expect. This is because,
as has been pointed out, the method only works if a, b, and c are
relatively prime. Bringing this fact into the proof is what causes the
complexity. Every single step is very simple, but at the end it may
leave you puzzled as to what the whole picture is.

The reason I can't post it here is because I used an equation editor
and it doesn't copy/paste into plain text. I can provide it as a pdf
document for anyone who wants it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®