From: Pam Howard <pahoward68@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000052022:52:23
Subject: Accelerated Math

Since you are teaching multi-age math, you may want to look into a
math management program called Accelerated Math by Advantage Learning
Systems.  I read about it last summer, looked at free material they
sent by request, liked it, begged for the program, got it, and love
it.  I teach math at a high school.  The curriculum director had heard
of it on an elementary and middle school level, but was not aware it
was also intended for high school.  I am actually on here tonight
because I wanted to see if anyone else was using it in high school.  I
had this program in use for the last half of second semester this year
in two classes.  I will be piloting the program next year in all my
classes, and wanted input from other users.  This program is VERY
individualized.  Everyone works at their own pace.  They have
"libraries" for 1st grade through Calculus.  I believe it would be
perfect for your situation.  Let me know if you need more info.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/