From: rick wunderman <rwunder@volcano.si.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006010614:55:26
Subject: advocate discussing this topic

Hello, I just ran across this discussion and want to add that I think
it is one of the critical concepts in math and science that deserves
considerable emphasis.  I taught college physics and found that most
students could learn this, but relatively few had already had much
exposure to it.  As a practicing scientist (and practical person) I
find it one of the handiest, most used math techniques in my own tool
kit.  I'd go so far to say that success in college science is
impossible without mastering dimensional analysis.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/