From: GH

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008010718:08:20
Subject: Re: Re: Saxon math

Ditto that! I taught using Saxon for the first 10 years I taught, and have had to work with lesser materials for the last 10 years. I would LOVE to convince my district that Saxon is the way to go. If you would just try doing it the Saxon way for one year, you might find that you will never go back. Don't be fooled by trends and methods that don't give kids a solid foundation of the skills before they move into more conceptual topics-those texts skip developmental stages that are very difficult to fix later. Saxon has a clever techinque- it shuffles the problems so kids have to keep on working on some of the early topics as they go through the book. Keeps them sharp and it has proven to help with retention. Please give Saxon a chance.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/