From: GH <quilt@comcast.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008010717:08:20
Subject: Re: Re: Saxon math

Ditto that!  I taught using Saxon for the first 10 years I taught, and
have had to work with lesser materials for the last 10 years.  I would
LOVE to convince my district that Saxon is the way to go.  If you
would just try doing it the Saxon way for one year, you might find
that you will never go back.
Don't be fooled by trends and methods that don't give kids a solid
foundation of the skills before they move into more conceptual
topics-those texts skip developmental stages that are very difficult
to fix later.
Saxon has a clever techinque- it shuffles the problems so kids have to
keep on working on some of the early topics as they go through the
book.  Keeps them sharp and it has proven to help with retention.
Please give Saxon a chance.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®