From: Joy <jbennett@nulton.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008010721:00:06
Subject: Re: Saxon math

Hi,
I am new to this forum, but would like more information about Saxon
math. I graduated from Penn State last May and I am now teaching
Special Education to students in an alternative ed setting. I am
teaching students from several different local school districts, each
with its own math curriculum. At least one student has a Saxon math
textbook. I am given the choice of which textbook I want to use, and
have been reluctant to use Saxon due to the "bad" reputation Saxon
has. Am I wrong about Saxon? I do believe in a LOT of repetition,
especially for these students, but I do not want to "drill and kill"
them. Any advice you have would be appreciated.
Thank you
Joy Bennett

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question