Q&A #18434

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Adopting a new mathematics curriculum

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Joy

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008010722:00:06
Subject: Re: Saxon math

Hi, I am new to this forum, but would like more information about Saxon math. I graduated from Penn State last May and I am now teaching Special Education to students in an alternative ed setting. I am teaching students from several different local school districts, each with its own math curriculum. At least one student has a Saxon math textbook. I am given the choice of which textbook I want to use, and have been reluctant to use Saxon due to the "bad" reputation Saxon has. Am I wrong about Saxon? I do believe in a LOT of repetition, especially for these students, but I do not want to "drill and kill" them. Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thank you Joy Bennett

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®